Sunday, November 12, 2017

All Season Cobbler

I first gave a fruit cobbler demo during the peak of summer when fresh local peaches were in season.  The demo was for the Tri-Towns Senior Center.  I brought a large baked cobbler for dessert, then did my demo in a family size baking dish.  I finished baking the second cobbler at my Moms' house.  

I wanted the cobbler to be made of ingredients found in most homes and did not specify what kind of fruit, juice, flour, milk or sugar.  It works with any!  This recipes can be made in any type of pan with any amount of fruit.  It is easy to make and allows for quick mixing and panning.  Measurements do not have to be perfect.


For added fiber and nutrients, use whole grain flours.  Mine has 1/3 whole wheat flour, 1/3 whole grain corn meal and 1/3 all purpose flour.

There is no fat in the cobbler alone.  My plan to serve with ice cream added some fat and calcium to the whole grain and fruit dessert.  

The wild berries we picked along our hillside and froze made for a delicious late autumn dessert in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly