Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Soup Bar

Last week when attending the Premier Culinary Clinic in Cleveland, I was inspired by talented chefs and colleagues.  The Soup Bar  is an easy meal to try at home any time of year, for lunch or dinner.  Family members or customers fill their bowl with an assortment of vegetables, then cover the vegetables with broth.  Our bar included:

Carrots, diced, microwaved in water for 2 1/4 minutes
Fresh Corn on the Cob, cooked and cut off the cob
Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled and microwaved in water for 2 1/4 minutes
Norther Beans, cooked, (I buy the frozen version without salt)
Tomatoes, fresh, diced
Sweet Peppers, diced
Celery, diced

The broth was made with a low sodium vegetables base, water, celery, fresh cilantro and parsley.  This is my finished soup:
I took a bowl of leftovers to work today for lunch and it was very tasty and filling.  Next week, this is on our work menu with a choice of chicken or tofu.  (Customers choose their own vegetables, we add the broth, chicken or tofu).

I'm pretty sure I was the least talented of the group attending the clinic, but I do "know how to cook, try new recipes, learn from my mistakes, am fearless, and have fun!"  (that quote is from Julia Child.) The Culinary Clinic was a ball and I learned so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly