Saturday, April 28, 2018

Wild Crab Meals that Trim Cost and Sodium

Our local grocery store chain offers sales on wild lump crab periodically featuring a cost about 1/3 less than normal.  When I open that can-I divide it into 4 ounce packets and freeze 3/4ths of it.  That allows a 2 ounce portion for each of the 2 of us.  For a crab cake recipe- that's plenty to make a nice sandwich.


My Mom taught me to use the recipe on the side of the Old Bay Seasoning for crab cakes. It's a classic.  The sodium in Old Bay is high, and my can of Old Bay was older than I cared to admit.  So I made my own seasoning.  The result is every bit as good:
  

Seafood Seasoning 

(Makes 2/3 cup:  One serving is 1/4 teaspoon)

4 tablespoon celery seed
3 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
2 1/3 teaspoon allspice
3/4 teaspoon mustard powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne

The dish pictured at top is made with fresh cut corn off the cob, wild lump crab meat,  sauteed onion, garlic and sweet pepper. Sprinkle with seafood seasoning and serve over a bed of spaghetti squash. Garnish with grated Parmegiano cheese, fresh parsley and fresh ground pepper.

 
      

3 comments:

  1. Food is most important thing in human life. If we eat well then we do good in daily life. So everyone wants best nutrition food.We are known as one of the renowned Malt Extract Manufacturer In India.

    Malt Extract

    Malt Based Food

    ReplyDelete
  2. This article is extremely enlightening and intersting,Thanks for sharing such a useful article with us.
    keep updating.....
    World’s Longest Basmati Rice

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. Etizolam powder for sale

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly