Sunday, July 29, 2018

Farm Friends Bonus


Knowing the farmer has the obvious benefit of trusting that person with the safety and nourishment of the foods we eat.  This meal combines many local foods purchased at the market from folks I can proudly call call friends.  The center of the plate pork tenderloin was raised and processed by the Hardesty Family who own Working H Meats in Friendsville, Maryland.  As an added bonus, Grant Hardesty butterflied the pork tenderloin for me when I messaged before I stopped at the store.  That made the assembly easy.

First I rubbed the meat with sliced garlic: 

I spread soft ripened goat cheese from FireFly Farms in Accident Maryland, onto the meat,


Then I topped that with pimientos and fresh herbs before rolling and baking.


The sliced stuffed tenderloin was delicious hot and cold.

The plate was adorned with a 3-Bean Pasta Salad (that's my homemade Lemon Pepper Fusilli), Pickled Slaw and Toaster Oven Strawberry Cobbler. 

We found a lovely spot for our picnic at Morris park in Fairmont, West Virginia.  The market, park and stores are all within a 45 minute drive of town. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly