Monday, September 8, 2014

Egg-cellent Noodles (Meatless Monday)

Fresh vegetables, brown rice noodles, an Asian sauce and poached egg-a simply delicious dinner with endless substitutions!  The recipe was inspired by Clean Eating Magazine when I first made this in March (photo above is from my March luncheon).  I saw a similar recipe in Vegetarian Times, yet decided to go back to an old favorite.

Here's the picture of the meal tonight:

To prepare, julienne cut fresh vegetables on hand.  I cut Farmer's Market yellow squash, multi-colored carrots, green beans, green onions, garlic and peppers from my own container garden.  I also added some arugula-spinach mix.  I cooked the green beans and carrots slightly prior to sauteing with the other veggies.

Saute vegetables in 1 tsp. sesame oil.

Cook brown rice noodles according to package directions. (One could substitute brown rice, whole wheat spaghetti or other whole grain)

Poach eggs in water with a tsp. of vinegar.

Layer noodles and vegetables in a bowl.
Add sauce (see below).
Top with the egg.
I sprinkled mine with Mrs. Dash.

Asian Sauce
(Serves 2)

1 tsp. Sesame Oil
1/4 cup Orange Juice
Juice from 1/2 Fresh Lime
1 tsp. Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
1 tsp. Honey
Heat.

Now to check out the Harvest Moon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly