Friday, June 5, 2015

Freebie Friday

Tonight's meal was virtually "work-free".  I simply sprinkled Five Spice Powder on the flounder fillets and baked, then broiled the fish in the toaster oven for 15 minutes.  The fish was simple and tasty.  I cut the vegetables, cooked a few minutes in the microwave, then sauteed with a little Dijon mustard and vinegar.  Here's what I put in the vegetables:

Spring Vegetables with Warm Vinaigrette

(Serves 2)

Cook in a small amount of water in the microwave for 2 minutes:
1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced

Saute in olive oil for a 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently:
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/3 zucchini (from yesterday's farmers market), thinly sliced
8-10 asparagus spears (tips only), cut in 2 inch pieces
1/4 cup celery hearts and leaves, diced
2 tablespoons onion, diced

Move vegetables to one side of the pan.  Add:
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons white vinegar
Stir together, heat, then mix with vegetables.

It's so satisfying to finish a meal with fresh pink grapefruit.  I buy bags of the fruit as it's more economical and the grapefruits store well if refrigerated.  I cut the grapefruit halves with my handy-dandy Pampered Chef tool.  Bob adds sugar; I add Splenda.  We squeeze out the juice when the sections are removed and enjoy every bit!


   
Happy Friday!    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly