Sunday, March 19, 2017

Put Your Best Fork Foward With Style

Creating an eating style that includes family meals with a pretty setting entices one to eat and enjoy a variety of foods.  Our dinner meal including a variety of fruits and vegetables, whole grains and protein is served on a bar where my husband and I face each other and enjoy the moment.  I've always enjoyed setting a pretty table, and find trying new recipes to be a creative outlet.  It's Sunday, and our vegetable soup base started with beef bones from a local farm, seasoned and browned with sauteed vegetables.  These were transferred to a crockpot where more vegetables were added and allowed to simmer much of the day.  The soup was served with the crusty Irish Soda Bread I made Friday.  The new recipe I tried today is from Cooking Light Magazine and a perfect way for me to use the rest of the fresh pineapple I'd sliced earlier in the week.   I liked this recipe because it has little added sugar.

Grilled Pineapple Lemonade

(Serves 4)

Heat a grill pan to medium high.  Cook pineapple slices 5-6 minutes on each side, until dark char marks appear.  Remove from the pan and cool.
6 ounce fresh pineapple, sliced

Mix sugar in hot water.  Pour into pitcher.
4 cups hot water
3 tablespoon sugar

Place pineapple and lemon juice in a food processor and process until smooth.  Pour pineapple mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into pitcher.  Stir well and serve over ice.
3/4 cup fresh lemon juice


    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly