Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Incircling a Scone

Seems my patience ran out when my seed grinder quit, so I turned the scones into cookies.  These Almond and Quinoa Pastries were inspired by this recipe from Clean EatingMy counter top flour mill helps me much in controlling my inventory of grains, but I'm thinking a should not try to grind whole almonds again in a seed grinder.

Almond-Quinoa Cookies

(11 Cookies)

Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup quinoa flour
2 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon sea salt

In bowl of electric mixer, beat eggs until frothy.  Add honey, oil and vanilla.
2 eggs
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Drop by 2 tablespoon scoops onto parchment lined baking sheet.

Garnish with cherry halves.
1/2 cup bing cherries, pitted and halved

Bake at 350 F. for 15 minutes.

This was breakfast, when I ate 1 cookie, a bowl of Greek Yogurt, a glass of milk and a handful of cherries!

 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly