Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Testing the "Power" Waffle

My protein rich and balanced breakfast featuring this multigrain waffle from Miami's Seaspice Restaurant Executive Chef Angel Leon kept me energetic throughout the morning and through my noon aerobics class.  His are prettier:  

Mine were delightfully crisp and tasty.  One waffle I enjoyed with a sunny side up egg, the other with some homemade cranberry chutney.  I'd love that drizzle of glaze that appears in the restaurant photo!

I love the variety of grains and seeds that are in the recipe.  Since I grind my own flours using the variety of grains I have on hand, this recipe was a perfect fit.

Here is the recipe:

Seaspice Power Waffles

Serves 4 (Two 6 inch waffles) each

Buttermilk 409 gram
Butter, melted 84 gram
Eggs 2 each

All Purpose Flour 216 gram
Sugar 27 gram
Baking powder 11 gram
Baking soda 6 gram
Cinnamon, ground 1 gram
Oats 30 gram
Quinoa, ground 45 gram
Flaxseed, ground 20 gram
Hemp seeds 15 gram

Whisk together wet ingredients.
Mix the dry ingredients.
Slowly add the wet to dry, mix just until combined.
Spray the waffle machine with pan spray, pour 1/4 cup of the waffle mix per waffle square.
Let it cook.

For more information, contact:
Heidi Malaret
Account Executive, TARA, Ink.

1666 Kennedy Causeway Suite 703 l 33141 l P 305.864.3434

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly