Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Prickly Pear, Lasagna Stacks and More

Bob was late getting home tonight, so I had plenty of time to cut and arrange!  The Prickly Pear purchased at Central Market in Lancaster was not as good as the one we had in Houston, but the Cantaloupe from Catoctin was so sweet and delicious!

How neat is this "Lasagna Stack"?  Inspired by Rachael Ray, I love a recipe where I can use up Ricotta Cheese.  Hers had Pesto. . . since I made and used all of mine last night, I simply decorated with a touch of broccoli.

Also inspired by Rachael Ray, here's my adaptation of this yummy potato salad:

New Potato Salad
(Serves 4)

3/4 cup Petite Golden Potatoes, cut in half
1 cup Fresh Green Beans, ends snipped and cut in half 
(I used my 3 colored beans from the Farmer's Market)
Cook in boiling water under crisp tender, about 30 minutes.

Add
2 mini Sweet Peppers, julienne sliced
3 Tbsp. Green Onion, diced
2 tsp. Rice Wine Vinegar
1 tsp. Olive Oil
2 tsp. Dry Mustard
Chill.

Finally, the "main dish", Baked Egg and Asparagus, inspired by Kalyn's Kitchen.

Baked Egg and Asparagus
(Serves 2)

2 Eggs
Break into bowls and sit at room temperature while asparagus bakes.

8 Asparagus Spears, cut in 1/3 inch pieces
Place in baking dishes and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
Top with egg.  Bake 5 minutes.  Sprinkle with:
1 Tbsp. Swiss Cheese
Bake another 5 minutes.  Sprinkle with
Mrs. Dash

The cucumbers and tomatoes are from my back deck "Container Garden"!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly