Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Lentil Stuffed Zucchini

Bob worked late tonight so I dined alone.  Tonight's fare was an easy one with Lentil Stuffed Zucchini and Fresh Corn.  I cooked the lentils last night.  The recipe is from Canadian Lentils.

Stuffed Zucchini
(Serves 2)

1/3 cup Lentils
Cook in water until tender.

1 small Zucchini, halved
Remove filling, making boats.  Dice removed squash.

In small saucepan, heat
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 Clove Garlic, diced
1 Green Onion, diced
Diced Squash
Cooked Lentils

Remove from heat.
Add
2 Tbsp. Pecan Meal
2 Tbsp. Swiss Cheese, shredded

Fill boats with mixture.
Top with
2 Tbsp. Gorgonzola Cheese

Bake at 350 degrees 15 minutes.

I cooked the corn in the microwave in the husk with silk for 2 minutes on each side.  (I removed the loose husks and silk before cooking).  I cut mine off the cob and ate 1/2 the ear.

The muffins were actually made to take to Chris' for tomorrow's dinner.  I toasted a piece of 7 Grain bread, added Earth Blend Buttery Spread for my dinner.

Bob just got home and ate the lentil filling! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly