Monday, February 15, 2016

Day Late Lasagna

Inspired by others, I had to try lasagna baked in a heart shaped pan. My little heart shaped cake pan I purchased at the thrift store for a quarter was perfect for a quick bread and worked just fine for this Vegetable Lasagna for 2 or 3.  (Named "Day Late" since yesterday was Valentines Day)

To prevent waste, I used the vegetables and cheeses I had on hand.  Seems I had a tiny amount of crumbled feta and a tiny amount of cheddar cheeses-here was my chance to use those little bits!.

Vegetable Lasagna

(Serves 3)

Cook noodles in boiling water, covered, for 10 minutes.
4 whole wheat lasagna noodles
Drain and rinse with cold water.

1 cup low sodium marinara sauce
2 cups chopped vegetables (I chose yellow and zucchini squash, cauliflower and fennel)
3/4 cup shredded or crumbled cheeses (I chose Parmesan, cheddar and feta)

Mist pan (this one measured 6 inches at its largest diameter) with an olive oil spray.
Layer as follows:
1/4 cup sauce
1 noodle, cut to fit
1/4 cup sauce
1/2 vegetables
1/2 cheese
Repeat.

Bake at 400 F. for 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.  Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. 

 Garnish with diced tomatoes.
1/4 cup diced grape tomatoes

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly