Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Overnight Fruit Cobbler

Even though I used to think preparing your oats the night before was a silly idea. . . the more I do it, the more I like it.  This recipe, inspired by Clean Eating Magazine, has whole grains, good fat, fresh fruit, and just a small amount of added sugar.  Mine has dairy and probiotics in the yogurt.  The 100% cacao in the non-alkalized cocoa has flanonoids that may promote extra health benefits.   

I did look forward to my breakfast.  It was not so sweet and very filling.  The protein and nutrient density was perfect preparation for my early morning water aerobics class!

Overnight Fruit Cobbler 

(Serves 1)

Toast grain and nuts in 375F. oven for 12 minutes.
1/2 cup dry oats or barley flakes
1/4 cup unsalted nuts

Mix milk, yogurt, seeds, cocoa, syrup and extract.
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain, nonfat
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 1/2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa, non-alkalized
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Layer yogurt mix, grain mix and fruit in a 1 pint jar.
1/2 cup wild black raspberries (or other fruit)
2 dried dates, chopped
I repeated the layers twice.
Cover and refrigerate overnight. 

When ready to eat, microwave the jar 30 seconds.
Garnish with additional fruit or cherries.  
Fresh cherry (garnish)

   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly