Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Pasta Puttanesca

For many weeks, the California Walnuts ad for this recipe has enticed me.  Monday (Meatless Monday) I gave it a try.  Like with most recipes, I substituted or added vegetables I had on hand,

Pasta Puttanesca

(Serves 4)

Cook pasta in boiling water.
2 cups pasta, dry volume

Saute fennel, shallots, garlic and mushrooms in olive oil on stove-top for about 5 minutes.
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 tablespoon fennel, diced
2 tablespoon shallots, diced
2 tablespoon garlic, smashed
1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced

Add tomatoes and paste.  Turn heat to simmer.
1 16 ounce can petite diced tomatoes, no added salt
1 tablespoon tomato paste
Stir in olives.
1/3 cup mixed olives, pitted and sliced

Drain pasta.  Divide onto serving plates.

Garnish with walnuts, herb and cheese.
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
2 tablespoon fresh oregano, snipped
1/3 cup grated Parmigiano cheese


Tuesday, June 14th, is flag day.  My red, white and blue dessert features strawberries, blueberries and Greek yogurt. I enjoyed that with breakfast today too!

The Walnut Crusted Salmon recipe from California Walnuts was also very good. 
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly