- Fresh herbs, onions and garlic. Shallots, garlic, fresh ginger and fennel bulb. Fennel adds a sweet anise flavor to foods.
- Lemon. Slices and juice impart their flavor magic.
- Vegetables. Cut carrots,celery and squash in julienne strips though the choices are endless. Pepper, broccoli, tomatoes, cauliflower, mushrooms, green beans, edamame all come to mind.
- Whole Grain. Quinoa, brown rice, bulgur, farro, kashi, corn-here's your chance to use that little bit left in a bag or a large jar that's been sitting on the shelf. Simply cook the grain prior to assembly-or use leftover cooked grain.
- Seafood. Salmon, tuna steak, scallops, shrimp or any variety of raw fillet works. It's alright to make one packet with one variety and another packet with a different fish if one of this and one of that is what's on hand.
Coriander-Mustard Seasoning Blend
(Serves 6)Toast seeds for 5 minutes. Cool. Grind in a coffee grinder that's used just for grinding spices (not coffee).
2 teaspoon coriander seeds
2 teaspoon mustard seeds
Add lemon zest.
Lemon zest from 1 lemon