Thursday, April 16, 2015

Bountiful Biscuits

Biscuits, bean sprouts, marbleized eggs and sauteed arugula-I could probably eat another one they were so good!  I was inspired by a recipe in Saveur Magazine .  Mine has my just sprouted mung bean which gave it an extra flair!

Honey Brushed Biscuits

(Makes 8)

Mix in food processor:
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoon Earth Balance Buttery Spread

Add milk and juice slowly through the hole in the lid of the processor:
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice

Remove to floured surface. (I use a piece of folded parchment paper).
Roll to 3/4 inch thick.  Cut with 2 3/4 inch biscuit cutter.
Place on parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake for 18 minutes at 400 F.

Brush with a mixture of honey and buttery spread:
2 teaspoons honey
1 1/2 teaspoon Earth Balance Buttery Spread

Return to oven and bake 5 more minutes.

I love that I've mastered the making of my own sprouts.  See my previous post for Countertop Sprouts


No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly