Thursday, April 9, 2015

Where's My Plate? (Brunch)

When I eliminated the maple syrup in the pancake batter recipe, I thought I'd be adding that much plus more to the top of the pancake.  But the caramelized bananas did not need more sweetening. . .   The recipe is from Rachael Ray's Healthy Brunch makeover.

Blueberry Pancakes,Caramelized Bananas

(8 Pancakes) 

Mix dry ingredients in bowl:
3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt

Melt buttery spread in milk.
1 tablespoon Earth Balance Buttery Spread
3/4 cup skim milk
2 teaspoons lemon juice

Beat in egg and extracts   
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon maple extract

Stir blueberries into dry mix.
4-5 ounce blueberries

Stir liquid ingredients into dry.

Grill at 350F.  Flip and grill on other side

Caramelized Bananas

(1-2 Servings)

Heat buttery spread and syrup in small saucepan.
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1/2 tablespoon Earthy Balance Buttery Spread

Add sliced bananas.  Heat and turn carefully.
1 banana, sliced

Serve 2 pancakes with bananas.  Garnish with Greek Yogurt and shaved nutmeg.   


Now to explain the blog post title:
Even though I'd reminded my husband I was making blueberry pancakes, he ate, went out and returned just in time to eat with me.  After he ate one platter, I put his plate in the sink to keep the blueberry stains from setting-and he returned to eat another pancake!  When he asked about the plate-I told him just to use the serving plate. 
DH Serving = 5 pancakes
Cindy Serving = 2 pancakes

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly