Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Making Healthy Snack Packs

We've an 1100 mile road trip starting tomorrow, 5 nights in motels, then the return trip home.  These are snack packs I made for the journey.  Dried fruit-raisins, dates, figs and apricots, nuts-pecans, almonds, pistachios, mandarin oranges and "onsies" (dried prunes).  

Tomorrow, I'll slice a few carrots and peppers to eat with my lunch along the way.

 Tip #9 for Meal Planning:  Make healthy snack packs.


I'm taking a pack of graham crackers with us too.  While I can't take my Almond Butter (the natural kind has to be kept in the refrigerator once opened), I'm taking a couple individual packs of Peanut Butter!

I keep those individually wrapped prunes in my purse-and so many times, they have saved the day.

The mandarin oranges are stress busters.  I usually eat 2 at a time!

Enjoy your evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly