Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Individual Pizza Crusts with Yogurt

I was inspired by a recipe from Skinny Fork for a 3 ingredient pizza crust made with Greek Yogurt, I don't use self rising flour, so here's the recipe I devised:

(Makes 2 7-inch pizza crusts)
Mix 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour, 1/2 cup all purpose flour, dash of salt and 1 1/4 tsp. rapid rise yeast.  Heat 1/2 cup yogurt to 120 degrees (measure temperature with a thermometer).  Add yogurt to flour mixture in mixing bowl and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.  Add 1 tsp. olive oil.  Turn mixer to low and slowly knead in 1/4 cup additional whole wheat pastry flour and 1/2 cup all purpose flour.  Turn dough in bowl and spray with Pam.  Cover bowl with a cloth or plastic wrap and let rest 45 minutes.

Punch dough down.  Divide in half.  On a floured surface, roll dough into a circle, slide into pan sprayed with Pam, and pinch evenly around the sides.  Cover and let rise for another 1/2 hour.  Add toppings and bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.

My Pesto topping is awesome too!

(Serves 2)
1/4 cup walnuts
1 garlic clove
1 1/2 cups spring mix or other greens
1 tsp. olive oil
Chop finely in mini food processor.
This is great on a baked potato too!

For another look at this pizza, visit my Pinterest board, The Meal Planner






1 comment:

  1. I loove this blog Cindy, I new follower, an auto immune disease changed my life and my diet too, no lactose tolerance, IBS..plus the medicament(drugs) made me gain weight. I noticed that some food make me sick so I changed for a healthy food style...although I didn't eliminate the chicken, I'm eating less. So this blog will teach me a lot for sure...TFS this...xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly