Monday, June 8, 2015

Smooth Start to the Week (Meatless Monday)

Almost summer morning on the deck with Berry Smoothie Bowl and Chocolate Banana Muffin is a perfect way to start the week!  The smoothie bowl was inspired by Food Network Magazine.  I like the idea, as I often get smoothie on my glasses as I tip a cup to get the last drop!  Aren't the garnishes pretty?  Here's how I put it together:

Berry Smoothie Bowl

(Serves 1)

Pulse in blender:
1 cup berries
1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain, nonfat
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 cup nonfat milk

Garnish with:
1 tablespoon toasted almonds
Berries

The recipe calls for almond milk.  I prefer my non fat milk.  That's almond butter (all almonds) on my Chocolate Banana Cupcake.

I developed the cupcake recipe when I was working and did a demo on "How to Make a Healthy Cupcake".  For this recipe, I substituted bananas for pears.  Here's the link for my tutorial:    


 
Don't get the smoothie on your glasses!
   

1 comment:

Printfriendly