Friday, December 4, 2015

Holiday Delicata

I was inspired by a beautiful photo in Eating Well Magazine featuring their glazed delicata.  Mine is mixed with my own Cranberry Chutney.  

I cut, seeded and sliced the delicata squash.  I did not peel this squash, as the peel is edible.  I mixed the slices with 1 teaspoon of walnut oil and roasted at 400 F. for 40 minutes.  Then I added 1/2 cup of cranberry chutney to the roasted vegetables and served.  1 delicata squash with 1/2 cup of chutney serves 2.

Cranberry Chutney

(6 cups)

On stove-top, bring water, cranberries and sugar to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes.  (Reduce heat if the cranberries are popping and breaking.) Stir frequently.
12 ounce fresh cranberries
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup water


Remove cranberries from heat.  Add orange juice, raisins, celery, apples and walnuts.
3/4 cup orange juice
3/4 cup raisins
3/4 cup celery, diced
1 cup apple, diced
3/4 cup walnuts, chopped


The chutney is delicious freshly made.  Since I purchased several bags of the fresh cranberries, I used my newly developed skill and home canned a batch.  It was still delicious.

Happy Friday! 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly