Sunday, March 1, 2015

Sausie Stew for Two

Eating healthy on a budget means watching portion sizes, and I adapted this Food Network Recipe by adding 1 Turkey Sausage Link instead of 3 Chorizo Sausages.  Here's how I made it:  

Sausage Potato Stew

(Serves 4)

Saute vegetables and sausage in olive oil:
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup onion, diced
3 potatoes, diced
1 turkey sausage link, sliced
1 teaspoon olive oil

Add broth and seasoning:
4 cups low sodium chicken broth
3 bay leaves
Fresh ground papper
1 teaspoon paprika

Bring to a boil.  Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.

Add spinach, peppers and parsley:
4 cups spinach
1/3 cup fresh parsley
3 mini orange sweet peppers, sliced

Cook for a few minutes more.
I'll have leftovers to take in my lunch!
 http://www.eatright.org/
   
My healthy meals always have 2 or more fruits and vegetables, a small portion of lean meat and low fat dairy.  I'm a big fan of whole grains, and I toasted a piece of multigrain bread and added Earth Blend Buttery Spread.  Enjoy the week! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly