Monday, February 1, 2016

Grainy Groundhog

Groundhog Sausage is not my bag, though I loved the groundhog cookies a local bakery was selling.  The closest thing I had to the creature cutout was my squirrel cupcake mold. . . so I flattened the tail and made these onion yogurt muffins for dinner.  The entree is Curried Vegetable and Soybean Stew, which I made in the crock pot using dry soy beans. 


Onion Yogurt Muffins

(Serves 5)

Beat egg in mixing bowl.
1 egg

Saute shallots in buttery spread until starting to brown.  Remove from heat.
2 tablespoon shallots, diced
2 tablespoon Earth Balance buttery spread

Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon Mrs. Dash

Add milk and yogurt to egg in mixing bowl.  Beat in just until mixed.
1/2 cup skim milk
6 tablespoon Greek yogurt

Add dry ingredients and parsley and mix just until combined.
2 tablespoon parsley, snipped 

Spoon 1/4 cup batter into muffin tins greased with an olive oil spray.
Bake at 375 F. for 20 minutes.

I wanted to share the frittata I made last night with spaghetti squash.  I'd roasted a whole spaghetti squash for Friday's dinner and removed the squash from the shells.  The 1/2 I did not need for that dinner went into this dinner.  I simply substituted the squash for the spinach in my Ricotta Frittata recipe.  Isn't this pretty?

  
 Hope you had a good start to the week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly