Thursday, June 5, 2014

Curried Salmon over Masala Gobi

I am so fortunate that my employer sponsors a weekly Farmer's Market during the summer, and this is what I purchased yesterday!  I searched the internet for something to make with it and chose this recipe for Aloo Gobi from Food Network.  I skipped the potato (Aloo) so I could focus on my prize cauliflower (Gobi).

Masala Gobi
(Serves 2)

2 cloves Garlic
2 tsp. Fresh Ginger, peeled, diced
Pulse in mini food processor.  Add
1 tsp. Coriander
1/8 tsp. Turmeric  
2 Tbsp. water
"Masala" is the spice mix.

1 tsp. Olive Oil
1 diced mini Sweet Pepper
Heat in non-stick pan, then add
1/3 tsp. Cumin Seeds
Cook until they're done spluttering.

Add wet masala.  Cook unitil it thickens and deepens in color, about 2 minutes.

Add
1/4 head Cauliflower, cut into small florets   
Stir to coat caulifower, then add
1/3 cup water

Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes, adding more water if needed.

Now, what to serve over the spicy cauliflower?

Curried Salmon with Tomatoes and Dried Plums
(Serves 2)

This is a favorite recipe from Better Homes and Gardens. 
1 Green Onion
2 Tbsp. Celery, diced
1 Garlic Clove, diced
1 tsp. Olive Oil
Cook in an oven proof skillet.  

I'm cleaning out my refrigerator, so I added
5 Cremini Mushrooms, sliced
1/4 Zucchini, sliced
and sauteed a little longer.

Then add:
1 cup Diced Tomatoes, canned without salt
2 Tbsp. Diced Prunes
1 tsp. Curry Powder
Cook and stir for 2 minutes.  Add
1-4 oz. Salmon fillet, skinned, cut into 3/4 inch cubes

Place the pan in the toaster oven at 350 degrees and heat 15 minutes.

An awesome mix of flavors!


    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly