Saturday, August 10, 2019

Book Review: The Visual Guide to Easy Meal Prep

For busy people who like to prepare foods for the week on days that aren't as busy, this book has recipes for breakfasts, lunch, dinner and snacks that can be made ahead.  Even for retired seniors, these recipes are ones I too enjoy on other days of the week when time is of essence.  Most of the time I'm preparing meals for two with leftovers. This book gives instructions for reheating.

There is a nice variety of ingredients and recipes made with whole foods. There are many whole grains, seeds and fiber rich foods. The snacks and desserts have only a moderate amount of added sugars. The primary protein food is poultry, with a few beef dishes, canned beans and some processed bacon or turkey kielbasa.



Erin Romeo's book gives some meal-prep plans to get you started including low-carb, vegetarian, gluten-free and dairy free.  From the chapters, I prepared

Breakfast

Healthy Egg Cup

Chocolate Berry Breakfast Quinoa

Mains
 Broccoli, Chicken and Cheese-Stuffed Potato
(this recipe called for sweet potato, not currently in season-
so I used white potatoes)


Ginger-Soy Chicken Thighs

Turkey, Greens and Super Grains
I love the use of whole grains spelt and barley in this one!

Snacks
 Chocolate Quinoa Bar
I did not have a square pan, so used a round spring form pan-yet my serving size is the same. Since I used 100% cacao chocolate, I enjoyed this one with yogurt heated for breakfast. The mix of oats, quinoa and flax made a fine hot cereal type breakfast.

Dressings
Herb Greek Yogurt Dip
This was a good side with the chicken main.

Thank you Quarto Group for the complimentary review copy.  The above post and pictures are my own.  I received no other compensation for this review, other than the pleasure of an enjoyable read and eating experience!    

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for some other informative website. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such a perfect method? I have a venture that I am simply now running on, and I’ve been at the glance out for such info.
    Miami Meal Prep

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly