Friday, November 13, 2015

Slider on the Wing (with Gratin Potatoes)

In planning for that overabundance of turkey, I'm incorporating one turkey entree into my weekly menu.  These turkey sliders are made with pieces of roasted turkey that I froze in 3-4 serving packets after making my first of the season local farm bird.  Because I used cooked turkey, I added an egg to my mixture so that it would stick together.

Turkey Sliders

(Serves 2)

Mix in mini food processor until turkey is ground.  Form into patties.
6 ounce roasted turkey
1 egg
4 baby bella mushrooms
1/3 cup fresh spinach leaves
2 tablespoon shallots
2 tablespoon oats
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar

Heat olive oil in a skillet on stove top.  Over medium heat, cook burgers (covered) for 5 minutes.  Flip and cook 5 minutes more.  Test internal temperature to make sure the patties are at 165 F.

Serve on a grainy roll with tomatoes and Dijon mustard.

I do love my Lekue Steaming case where these potatoes cooked in the microwave in 10 minutes.
Gratin Potatoes

(Serves 2)

Slice potatoes thinly.  Place half of potatoes in a layer on the tray in the steaming case.
2 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced thin

Mix milk, egg yolk and cheese.  Place half of mixture over the layer of potatoes.
3/4 cup evaporated skim milk
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoon Parmigiano cheese, grated

Repeat layers with potatoes and ending with milk mixture.

Cook in microwave for 10 minutes. 

Happy Friday!

  
    

 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly