Wednesday, May 6, 2015

P-erfect Pesto

Skillet flounder with pea pesto was light and tasty-not a bit was left on our plates.  I heated the pesto before adding the fish.  The recipe was inspired by Food and Wine Magazine.

Lemony Pea Pesto

(Serves 2)

Place all ingredients in a food processor.
1 cup shelled fresh peas (I added frozen to make up the difference)
2 tablespoons slivered almonds
3 tablespoons fresh grated Parmesan cheese
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 lemon, juiced
Chop while adding water.
1/4 cup water

Just before plating and serving, heat in microwave for 2 minutes.

I pan fried the flounder fillets in iron skillets, a few minutes on each side.  Sprinkle with fresh grated pepper.

That's an arugula and tomato salad on the side, sprinkled with white balsamic vinegar.

While I don't always photograph it, I eat my meals with 1 slice of toasted seven grain bread from the local bakery and spread with 1 tablespoon Earth Balance Buttery Spread. 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly