Thursday, October 30, 2014

Boo-dacius

It's a Happy Halloween Dinner we adults loved!  "Ghost" Pizza with pesto and poached eggs accompanied by Cran-Orange Pumpkin Hummus.

 
My flatbread crust is made with yogurt and posted here. 

My pesto has:
2 cups Power Greesn (a kale, arugula mix)
2 Garlic Cloves
1 tsp. Olive Oil
Chop in food processor.

The cheese is a mix of Swiss and Gorgonzola.

I poached the eggs in simmering water, then cut with a biscuit cutter to make small neat "eyes".

The hummus recipe is from Nourish & Heal Magazine.


Cran-Orange Pumpkin Hummus
(Serves 2)

1/2 cup Northern Beans (I use the Hanover Brand frozen and cooked without salt)
1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
2 Tbsp. Orange Juice
1 Tbsp. Citrus Zest
1/4 tsp. Cumin
1 1/2 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
Dash Allspirce
1/4 cup Dried Cranberries
Puree in food processor.

I stuffed a small winter squash, which I'm baking now to eat the flesh tomorrow!

We senior citizens ate almost every bite and I'm thinking that kids of all ages would enjoy it!

  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly