Monday, October 27, 2014

Vegetable Parade (Meatless Monday)

When I tell you seventeen vegetables comprised tonight's dinner, you'd think I had a refrigerator full.  I merely have one plastic bin of small fresh vegetables, in assorted varieties and colors.  Here's the vegetables I cut for the stir fry:
I sauteed the vegetables in 1 tsp. each sesame and canola oil, starting with the garlic, red pepper, yellow squash and eggplant-then finishing with the softer mushrooms, bok choy, mushrooms, tangelo and tomato.  These were served over brown rice noodles.
 
I purposely chose different vegetables for the salad:
 
The lentils are a powerful plant protein.  The dressing has:

Juice of 1/2 Lime
1 1/2 tsp. Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
1 tsp. Sesame Oil
1/2 inch piece Shave Fresh Ginger

I'll probably stir fry the leftover salad ingredients for another dinner this week!  Have a great week!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly