Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Tilapia with Olive Tapenade and Fruit Crisp

I like that I can buy a very small amount of Kalamata Olives from Giant Eagle and this tapenade recipe from Clean Eating Magazine uses only a few of those tasty gems!

Olive Tapenade
(Serves 2)

6 pitted Kalamata Olives
1 clove Garlic
Chop in mini food processor.  Spread over top of tilapia.  Bake in  oven on 375 for 15 minutes.

I precooked Tri-Color Quinoa with Tangerine Zest and Cilantro and blanched Mini Sweet Peppers. I halved the peppers, removed the small amount of seeds and stuffed them with the quinoa blend. I baked these along side the fish.  I also added sliced Fresh Zucchini to the same pan.

Garnish with Grape Fresh Tomato Halves.

On Friday I received a gift box of 6 gorgeous pears, courtesy of USA Pears and Sharon Palmer, RD.  (a blog giveaway!)  I used one of these 1/2 # pears, along with 2 fresh plums in this Fruit Crisp.  The recipe was inspired by Bon Appetit

Pear and Plum Crisp
(Serves 2)

1 large Pear, peeled and sliced thin
2 Plums, peeled and sliced thin
4 tsp. Sugar
1 Tbsp. Arrowroot Flour
Mix and place in baking dish sprayed with Pam.

1 Tbsp. Oats
1 Tbsp. Unsweetened Toasted Coconut
1 Tbsp. Whole Wheat Flour
2 tsp. Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp. Earth Balance buttery spread
Cut spread into dry ingredients.  Crumb over fruit.
Bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes.
Garnish with Whipped Cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly